Headlines

The NewsFuror

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Mills slates 'skinflint' Sir Paul

Heather Mills
Mills gave a series of emotional interviews last week
Heather Mills has hit out at her estranged husband Sir Paul McCartney, calling him a "skinflint" in an interview with Hello! magazine.

She said of Sir Paul, who reportedly has an estimated £825m: "When I left, I said 'I don't want a penny, all I want is for you to protect me'."

The couple, who married in 2002 and have a daughter, Bea, aged four, are in the middle of divorce negotiations.

Sir Paul's spokesman declined to comment on Mills' views.

Mills' latest interview follows a series of TV and radio appearances last week in which she accused the media of "pushing her to the edge", blaming a "certain corner" for feeding them "spin".

'Exploding' volcano

She described herself to Hello! as a "dormant volcano" that was now exploding.

"I want the freedom to be able to tell my story should I need to defend myself," she said.

"I offered to Paul that if he protects me from the inevitable hatred I'll receive because I am a wife of a Beatle, I'll never say anything derogatory about him.

"He wants me to be gagged and they won't give me a divorce until I'm gagged. So I'm waiting for the two-year separation.

"I've been this dormant volcano for 18 months and now I've had the explosion of my feelings."

Mills compared herself to Paula Yates, the former wife of Bob Geldof, who died of a heroin overdose in 2000.

"They abused her and then suddenly turned it around when she was dead. Well, I'm not going to have that," she added.

Calling Sir Paul a "skinflint," Mills said: "This is a man that hangs on to his money. He wouldn't be rich if he didn't. Who needs that kind of money?"

No comments: