Headlines

The NewsFuror

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

No more diva demands, says Lopez




Not a week goes by without Jennifer Lopez's name appearing somewhere in the media.

The singer, actress and dancer's turbulent love life has featured prominently in newspaper headlines over the past few years.

But Lopez, who is returning with her sixth album, Brave, insists this record marks an end to that chapter in her life.

"All my albums are about love, ever since the first one. But they're all about different times in love," she says.

Since she burst onto the pop scene in 1999 Lopez has been linked with several high-profile men, including rapper P Diddy and Hollywood actor Ben Affleck.

In August she settled a legal dispute with her first husband, Ojani Noa, who had threatened to publish a book revealing private details about their relationship.

Now the 38-year-old is experiencing a "healthy love" with fellow singer Marc Anthony, her husband since 2004.

Lopez says the title of her new record encompasses everything she has gone through in the last few years.

"It's about going through all that stuff and coming out the other side, and going, 'You know what, I'm going to go right in again, I'm not going to be afraid. I'm just going to do it,'" she says.

'Being the boss'

Lopez claims her songs are never truly autobiographical, but she admits to pouring some of her heart into elements of her work in the past.

"Everything is always inspired by where I am in my life and how I'm feeling, what I'm thinking and what my philosophies are," she explains.

Lopez and her husband have just kicked off a joint US tour. Asked if they have experienced any marital arguments during the preparation for the tour, she laughs.

"When we work together we're like any artists, he has very strong opinions, so do I - we're both used to being the boss in our own universe," she says.

"We definitely have differences but I think what works really well for both of us is that we both respect each other very much.

"I'll always go away and go, 'Well why did he say that?'. Sometimes I'll go back and say, 'You know what, you're right.'"

Backstage demands

Lopez admits to having made outrageous backstage demands in the past - but adds they did not come directly from her.

"There was a time in my career where I had a manager who did do stuff like that - it's true and I paid the price for it," she says.

"If you look at my career and look at the people who have worked with me over the years they will negate those rumours and they have. It went away because it wasn't me."

However like most people in the public eye, one thing that will not simply disappear for her are stories about her which are not true.

After 17 years in the public eye, this no longer fazes Lopez.

"I think at this point it doesn't even matter to me anymore," she says.

"I realise whatever they write today, tomorrow it's kind of gone, unless you've done something so terribly horribly wrong, which thank God I've never done and don't plan on doing."

Jennifer Lopez's album, Brave, is out now.

No comments: