Headlines

The NewsFuror

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Lindsay Lohan 'is out of rehab'


Actress Lindsay Lohan has checked out of rehab after two months of treatment, according to reports in the US media.

Celebrity magazine People says the 21-year-old has left the exclusive clinic in Utah where she has been staying since August.

"I'm proud of her," said the star's mother, Dina. "Things were getting out of control. She took action."

In August, Lohan admitted her life had become "unmanageable" because she was "addicted to alcohol and drugs".

She entered rehab in the weeks following her arrest for drink-driving in July.

'Ashamed'

The incident came shortly after a separate arrest in May when she lost control of her car and hit a kerb in Beverly Hills, California.

In both cases, she was found to be in possession of cocaine.

The actress was sentenced to one day in jail after pleading guilty to drink driving and drug charges as part of a plea bargain in August.

She was also put on three years' probation, and ordered to perform community service and complete a drug treatment programme.

In a statement, Lohan said the arrests had followed a "relapse" and that she was "ashamed" of her actions.

"No matter what I said when I was under the influence, I am not blaming anyone else for my conduct other than myself. I thank God I did not injure others, I easily could have," she added.

During her stay in rehab, Lohan was pictured bicycling and white water rafting. She was also visited by her father, from whom she has been estranged for several years.

The actress hit the big time aged 11 in The Parent Trap. She has also starred in films like Freaky Friday, Mean Girls and A Prairie Home Companion.

No comments: